What is "Stress management"?
Stress is the body’s automatic response to any physical or mental demand placed on it. Stress is something that everyone experiences, so learning how to cope with its effects is something that everyone needs to master for their own physical and psychological well-being.
Effective stress management involves the following:
- Learning to recognize the signs that you are experiencing stress
- Recognizing the circumstances that trigger stress reactions in you
- Applying stress management techniques to help you cope
10 Stress Management Techniques
- Relaxation Techniques
- Sufficient Rest
- Goal Setting
- Proactive Communication
- Seek Counseling or Therapy
- Deal with Circumstances
- Apply Effective Time Management Skills
Finding the stress management techniques that work effectively for you in the stressful situations that arise throughout your life can be a powerful resource for health promotion